Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Children's cycling holiday highlights

Emily, Thomas and Hannah all agree on the following highlights of the trip:

1. Dune du Pyla - climbing the sand dunes
2. Cycling - they have loved the cycling so much more than I ever hoped they would!
3. Swimming pools and slides! - enough said!

I love that they have learnt a few words of French and have the confidence to speak to people.

Whatever their top highlights, I'm sure they will remember this holiday for a long time.

I asked them whether they would like to do another cycling holiday in the future - the answer was a resounding YES! I said where would they like to go? Hannah said Spain! - I'm not sure that I'm ready for the type of hills Spain has to offer!.... I've heard the Canal du Midi is good... And there is always Holland if I want really flat!

Dune du Pyla

This is why cycling in France is so good for children - this is a Tarmac cycle path through the pine forest - stretches for 100s of km across the region. Totally safe, traffic free and well signed

Slides! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment